This website will also serve as a personal blog too. Weekly posts discussing various topics and other nostalgic pieces that tug at my heart strings, there is a ton to show to the world and I'm excited to bring my projects to the masses. As far as "personal" goes, even the title of the blog is sentimental to me. Having being a native to Dudley, MA for about 26 years of my life, there are a lot of great memories I have from growing up in that town. Between school and all the friends I made (and still have) it makes for some great storytelling and I'll always have a good time talking about my time in Dudley. Sheesh, I make it sound like I live across the country, but currently I reside in the city of Worcester, MA, which really isn't far from Dudley at all, but those memories flood my brain with greatness, and I really miss all the times I had in that town.
Dudley was a base of everything I did creative. Just about every short film I made was in Dudley, my band was from Dudley, and all of my close friends were from Dudley. That's why I chose the name "A Dude From Dudley", because that's who I am, and I truly love where I'm from. I'd like to think of Dudley as it's own creative muse, because when I'm in an artistic slump, I'll just look back at all of those great memories, and my brain starts to churn ideas out again.
I hope all of you enjoy my films, and whatever else I'll post on here. Expect a lot of nostalgia pieces and other funny stories from my past.
As always, have a good one,
-Jake

No comments:
Post a Comment